The Chinese driver's test comprises 100 questions randomly selected from a pool of over 900. You will be given forty-five minutes in which to answer all the questions and you need to score 90 or more to pass.
The first forty questions require you to give a 'right' or 'wrong' answer to a given statement. The remaining sixty questions are multiple choice with four options.
Note that new motor vehicle driver training teaching and examination syllabus came into force on January 1, 2013 (see below). For further information please refer to the Law of the People's Republic of China on Road Traffic Safety
The 2013 Syllabus of the Test for Motor Vehicle Driving License in China
1. Laws, Rules and Regulations on Road Traffic Safety
- Fully understand the relevant rules for safe driving in various road conditions.
- Fully understand the relevant rules for application and use of driving license.
- Fully understand relevant rights, obligations and legal responsibilities.
- Take a good grasp of the main terms relevant to traffic safety prescribed by other laws, rules and regulations.
Procedural Regulations for Handling Road Traffic Safety Violations
- Cases for detaining motor vehicles;
- Cases for detaining driving license.
Procedural Regulations for Handling Traffic Accidents
- Handling procedure at traffic accident scenes;
- Handling procedure at traffic accident scenes on expressway;
- Reporting to the police and traffic accident handling;
- Traffic accident handling by voluntary negotiation;
- Forcing to leave the traffic accident scene.
Terms of application and use of driving license
- Permission for driving license;
- Category, vehicle type and validity period of motor vehicle driving license;
- Application for driving license;
- The vehicle type of the driving license applied for the first time;
- The content and pass mark of the test for driving license;
- Testing requirements;
- Driving license replacement upon expiration;
- Driving license replacement for registration shift;
- Driving license replacement for information modification;
- Apply for reissuing lost driving license;
- Penalty point recording system;
- Penalty point deduction standard and test;
- Probation period for new drivers;
- Driving license inspection;
- Physical examination for drivers;
- Driving license revocation;
- Punishment for violations.
- Regulations for motor vehicle registration
- The application, modification, transfer, mortgage and revocation of motor vehicle registration;
- The destroy, loss and damage of vehicle license;
- The destroy, loss and damage of license plate and vehicle license;
- Temporary license plate;
- Motor vehicle inspection.
2. Local Laws and Regulations
- Fully understand the main focus prescribed by local laws and regulations.
- Key points based on local laws and regulations
3. Traffic Signals
- Well learn how to identify the type and function of each road traffic signal.
- Red light;
- Green light;
- Yellow light;
- Signal lights on driving lanes;
- Signal lights in arrow shape ;
- Flashing yellow hazard light ;
- Signal lights at level crossings.
- Warning signs ;
- Prohibitive signs ;
- Indicative signs ;
- Directional signs ;
- Tourist area signs.
- Indicative markings ;
- Prohibitive markings ;
- Warning markings.
- Hand Signals of Traffic Police
- Stop signals;
- Going-straight signals;
- Left turn signals;
- Left turn waiting signals;
- Right turn signals;
- Lane changing signals;
- Slowdown signals;
- Pull over signals.
4. Knowledge on Safe and Courteous Driving
- Take a good grasp of the key points of proper driving skills.
- Well learn the general knowledge on different situations and legal responsibilities of traffic law violations.
- Requirements for safe driving;
- The safety responsibility taken by drivers for motor vehicles;
- Yield to special vehicles;
- Yield to road maintenance vehicles;
- Motor vehicle parking rules;
- Safe driving on expressways;
- Handling measures for breakdown vehicles on expressway;
- Warning requirements for breakdown vehicles.
- Violation of traffic laws
- Prohibited acts for driving;
- Punishment category of traffic law violations;
- Punishment for traffic signal violations;
- Punishment for driving after drinking, taking drugs or medicines;
- Punishment for acts involved in illegal driving license;
- Punishment for acts involved in illegal license plate;
- Procedure for punishment at the scene;
- Punishment for obtaining driving license by illegal means;
- Cancellation rules for over-seated and overloaded violations.
5. Common knowledge on driving operation
- Take a good grasp of the common knowledge on main instruments, indicators, control gears and safety devices.
- Instruments and indicators
- Fog lamp indicator;
- Engine oil pressure indicator and alarm light;
- Brake alarm light;
- Low fuel warning indicator;
- Water temperature alarm light;
- Low-beam and high-beam;
- Seatbelt alarm light;
- Flashing hazard light;
- Turn signal;
- Other signals.
- Steering wheel;
- Clutch pedal;
- Brake pedal;
- Accelerator pedal;
- Gear shift lever;
- Handbrake control gear;
- Ignition switch;
- Light switch;
- Windscreen wiper, defrosting and defogging control gears.
- Safe headrest;
This webapp is free but some folk value it so much that they want to give money anyway.
If you are one of those wonderful people, feel free to donate!